I am Trish Causey — trained, professional singer: proficient in Broadway, Jazz, Irish, Rock, & other styles. See photo gallery below!
I am also an award-winning composer, who does all of my own work as an orchestrator, music & vocal arranger, & score engraver.
I studied at Berklee College of Music in the field of Music Composition for Film, TV, & Games. Degree in progress.
I have composed works for the stage, stand-alone songs, and songs for other, non-musical works, such as a novel and a screenplay.
My music composition style is rooted in Broadway, with operatic & classical leanings with big helpin’s of jazz, Irish, Middle Eastern, Indian, & other cultural flavors. I call my musical compositional style, “Global, Deep-fried Theatrical Jazz.”
I write stand-alone songs in styles ranging from voice/piano or small combo to full-throttle, multi-layered symphonic rock with SSAATTBB choir.
Various social awareness issues & activism usually find their way into my original music & writings.
Please peruse the PRESS KIT full information. For interviews or other media requests, please email: Press.
- WITCHCRAZE, a two-act musical set during the 1692 Salem witch trials, explores women’s rights, basic freedoms, and tolerance for those who are “different”;
- TWO HEARTS is a one-act opera that deals with LGBT issues and the complexity of being accepted as a bisexual within the LGBT community;
- FEMALE O, a concerto for orchestra that is a musical exploration of a woman’s journey through orgasm.
- HERSTORY is a musical for children that highlights various women who affected world events but many are never mentioned in Western-centric, Euro-centric his-story books;
- REQUIEM FOR JUDAS and MARY M., a requiem based on the Gospels of Judas and Mary Magdalene, which challenge the sanitized story of Jesus’ life and motives for becoming a “saviour”;
- VOICES ON THE WIND tackles issues faced by American Indians on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota (VOTW is a screenplay for which Trish composed several songs);
- AWAKENING is a meditation track that can also be used with Causey’s online Tantra Yoga course, AWESOM(TM).
To hear the music, play the corresponding YouTube video in the playlist below.
You must be logged in to post a comment.